Your roof is exposed to the elements continually - rain, snow, ice, sun and wind, causing roof shingles to wear. Curling, peeling, and eventual disintegration of roof shingles can lead to permanent damage to your roof and, eventually, the overall structure of your home. Still, many people don’t realize they have a roofing problem until water starts to leak from the ceiling.
You should contact a professional roofing contractor – C.S.A. Roofing - to perform a thorough roof inspection every 3-5 years.
The following are signs that may indicate a serious roof problem:
- Cracking, curling, worn or missing shingles
- Noticing granules from the shingles in your downspouts – loss from asphalt shingles
- Moss growth on shingles
- Wooden shakes splitting or dislodging
- Leaks or water spots on interior ceilings
- Rafters and attic staining
- Water streaks down exterior walls
- Storm damage – hail – wind – excessive rain
- Ice daming